Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Pics for Mike and Cam




Cam sent me some new pics that she would like posted for her family pictures, I'm not sure how to change them or even if I can, so I will just post them and Haley, you can take over from there. Thanks!!

While I'm here, I found this recipe for really good, Healthy!! muffins. I love to make muffins, but they're always really fattening, I was craving carrot cake yesterday, and decided that I couldn't eat the whole cake, so maybe if I made muffins instead...


Apple Carrot Bran Muffins


1 3/4 Cup raisin bran cereal

1 1/4 cup flour

3/4 cup sugar

1 1/4 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp salt

(Combine all of this in bowl)

In seperate bowl, lightly beat:

1 egg

3/4 cup buttermilk (or sour milk 3/4 cup milk with 1 tsp lemon juice)

1/4 cup vegetable oil

Add wet ingredients into dry and mix until blended

Stir in

3/4 cup grated carrots

3/4 cup grated apple (peel and all)


Fill 12 muffins cups 3/4 full and bake at 400* for 18 min.

(after they were done cooking, i needed a little more sweet, so I made a powdered sugar glaze and drizzled over then while they were still warm)

ENJOY!

0 comments: